The Clerk of the Circuit Court License Department is opened to the public for in-person services by appointment only. Currently due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, walk-in and drop-by business is not available.
Please read the important information below prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Only the person(s) scheduled for appointment will be permitted inside the Clerk’s Office.
- Arrive to your appointment on time. There is a 10-minute grace period. You will have to reschedule your appointment if you arrive after the 10-minute grace period.
- Face masks/coverings are required to be worn properly to enter the building and during your scheduled appointment.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry into the building.
Please re-schedule your appointment if one of the following applies:
- You have had a fever within the last 24 hours.
- You have a cough and shortness of breath or at least two of the following symptoms: fever, chills, shaking, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste and smell.
- You have had contact with any possible source of the virus or person with COVID-19.
- Civil marriage ceremonies are conducted Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Only the couple getting married will be permitted inside the building in order to ensure proper social distancing.
- The cost of the ceremony is $25.00 payable by cash, credit card or money order.
- Certified copies of your marriage license may be provided the day of your ceremony for an additional $5.00 per certified copy.
- Your marriage license will be issued on the same day as your appointment;
however, you will have to wait 48-hours after the issuance of your marriage license before you can get married.
- Your ceremony must be performed in Prince George’s County.
- Only the applicants are permitted inside the building at the time of the appointment.
- You must complete your marriage license application in its entirety prior to your appointment.
- To obtain a copy of the marriage license application please
Oaths are administered by appointment only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Information for Maryland Notary Public
- The four-year statutory term of a notary public has been extended for all notaries public with an active
notary commission during the current State of Emergency.
To view the Secretary of State’s Emergency Order extending the time requirements
You will not be able to schedule an appointment prior to receiving notice from the Maryland Secretary of State
informing that your commission should arrive at the Circuit Court within 7 to 10 days of the notice.
- The 30-day notice is extended pursuant to the Secretary of State’s Emergency Order.
Please do not schedule an appointment PRIOR to confirming that your commission has been received by the Clerk's
Office. Please call 301-952-3289 to confirm. If your commission has NOT been received by the Clerk's Office and
you schedule an appointment, you will be subject to an appointment cancellation until your commission has been
received by the Clerk's Office.