Civil marriage ceremonies are performed by the Clerk of the Circuit Court by appointment only on Tuesday,
Thursday and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Please read the important information below prior to scheduling your appointment.
The couple is permitted to have ten (10) guests present during the ceremony.
You must arrive for your appointment on time. There is a 10-minute grace period.
You will have to reschedule your appointment if you arrive after the expiration of the grace period.
You must have a valid marriage license issued by the Prince George’s County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office at least 48-hours prior to your marriage ceremony.
The Clerk’s Office is not permitted by law to perform a wedding ceremony with a license issued from any other jurisdiction.
- Civil marriage ceremonies are conducted Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Only the couple getting married will be permitted inside the building in order to ensure proper social distancing.
- The cost of the ceremony is $25.00 payable by cash, credit card or money order.
- Certified copies of your marriage license may be provided the day of your ceremony for an additional $5.00 per certified copy.
- Your marriage license will be issued on the same day as your appointment;
however, you will have to wait 48-hours after the issuance of your marriage license before you can get married.
- Your ceremony must be performed in Prince George’s County.
- Only the applicants are permitted inside the building at the time of the appointment.
- You must complete your marriage license application in its entirety prior to your appointment.
- To obtain a copy of the marriage license application please